'22 MODERN AMERICA
Quiz by Krista Ford
Feel free to use or edit a copy
includes Teacher and Student dashboards
Measure skillsfrom any curriculum
from any curriculum
Tag the questions with any skills you have. Your dashboard will track each student's mastery of each skill.
With a free account, teachers can
- edit the questions
- save a copy for later
- start a class game
- view complete results in the Gradebook and Mastery Dashboards
- automatically assign follow-up activities based on students’ scores
- assign as homework
- share a link with colleagues
- print as a bubble sheet
- Q 1/43Score 0The policy objectives of Reaganomics were based on the theory that -29Borrowing from foreign countries would help cover the costs of domestic programs.Significant increases in government spending would help reduce unemployment.Reducing trade barriers would result in a budget surplus.Broad tax cuts and financial deregulation would promote economic expansion.
Our brand new solo games combine with your quiz, on the same screen
Correct quiz answers unlock more play!
- Q1The policy objectives of Reaganomics were based on the theory that -Borrowing from foreign countries would help cover the costs of domestic programs.Significant increases in government spending would help reduce unemployment.Reducing trade barriers would result in a budget surplus.Broad tax cuts and financial deregulation would promote economic expansion.30sEditDelete
- Q2What was the significance of Richard Nixon's foreign policy of Detente?It led to the US lifting all trade embargoes previously in place between two nations.It led to the thawing of relations and opening of communications between the United States and China.It led to religious freedom for countries that had been previously oppressed.It led to the end of the civil disputes among the Chinese people and their government.30sEditDelete
- Q3What was one result of both the Iran Contra Affair and the Watergate Scandal?Each situation led to the resignation of the President in office.Troops were exchanged with foreign nations in order to maintain control.Federal funds available to the executive branch were limited.Actions of the federal government were tried and trust of the government declined.30sEditDelete
- Q4Lyndon B. Johnson's Great Society Program was an effort to solve problems related to -Illegal Immigration and Terrorism.Budget Deficits and Famine.Poverty and Discrimination.Illiteracy and Domestic Abuse.30sEditDelete
- Q5What is one major reason various industries have adopted the use of automated robotic assembly?To increase monetary investment.To increase employee work hours.To increase manufacturing productivity.To decrease safety requirements.30sEditDelete
- Q6These demonstrations shown in the image led to -A hostage crisis that severely damaged confidence in the Carter Administration.A US boycott of the Olympics in protest of events in Central Asia.The bombing of a Marine barracks, followed by retaliatory US air strikes.A global energy crisis brought on by an OPEC oil embargo.30sEditDelete
- Q7In 1979, the Shah of Iran was forced into exile. The US government later allowed the Shah to enter the US for medical treatment. This perceived US support for the Shah of Iran resulted in which of the following?Iran attacked a US military base in Asia.Israel demanded US support for the strategic bombing of cities in Iran.Revolutionaries kidnapped a group of US citizens in Iran.Soviet forces began an occupation of Iran30sEditDelete
- Q8How did President Ronald Reagan's administration support Contra rebels in Nicaragua after Congress cut funding for military aid?By implementing a sin tax on luxury items.By confiscating funds seized in drug raids.By secretly selling weapons to Iran in order to raise funds.By collecting tariffs on oil imports from Saudi Arabia.30sEditDelete
- Q9The United States supported the creation of which Middle Eastern country?Kuwait.Saudi Arabia.Egypt.Israel.30sEditDelete
- Q10Which of the following best represents President Ronald Reagan's Peace Through Strength policy?Conventional arms are more important than advanced technology.The military draft is non important for combat preparedness.A continuing proliferation of weapons will result in a global war.Increased defensive strength will discourage aggression by other countries.30sEditDelete
- Q11What was primary goal of discussions between the US and the USSR?To recognize the independence of former satellite states.To reach a formal agreement on nuclear weapons control.To develop a global environmental-protection policy.To negotiate the reunification of Germany.30sEditDelete
- Q12Based on the image, which problem is Nancy Reagan hoping to solve with this campaign?Diets high in sugar and salt among children.Drug and alcohol abuse among children.The effects of explicit lyrics in music on children.The effects of video-game violence on children.30sEditDelete
- Q13Which situation led the US government to print these coupons?The economic collapse of the Soviet Union caused by increased defense spending.An embargo organized by the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC).Economic deflation caused by increased trade globalization.A shortage of consumer goods following the end of a global conflict.30sEditDelete
- Q14Which of the following was the primary reason for the trends in public confidence from 1973 to 1976?The explosion aboard Apollo 13.The nuclear-power accident at Three Mile Island.The Watergate Scandal.The normalization of relations with China.30sEditDelete
- Q15The incident illustrated by this cartoon increased cynicism toward the US government because -The president directed a conspiracy to mislead the nation.The Supreme Court overruled federal statures that defined confidentiality.The press secretary failed to keep the public informed of national policy changes.Congress failed to pass legislation enforcing protection of privacy rights.30sEditDelete
- Q16This artistic movement demonstrates the contributions of which culture to US art?Chinese Americans.African Americans.Irish Americans.Hispanic Americans.30sEditDelete
- Q17Oil prices in the United States rose and supply decreased due to the following -The United States aid to Israel.The Iranian Hostage Crisis.The SALT treaty between the USSR.The end of the Vietnam War.30sEditDelete
- Q18What was the goal of DETENTE under the Nixon administration?
Escalating the bombing of North Vietnam.
Attacking enemy bases in Cambodia.
Easing of relations with China and the USSR.
Supporting the Arab coalition during the Yom Kippur War.30sEditDelete
- Q19Which term represents thawing out or lessening the tension between the US, China and the USSR?Strategic Arms Limitation Treaty.Detente.Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries.Vietnamization.30sEditDelete
- Q20Nixon and Carter both engaged in SALT negotiations with the USSR over the issue of -Foreign Trade.Military Alliances.Immigration Policies.Nuclear Weapons.30sEditDelete
Teachers give this quiz to your class