Albinism in East Africa
Quiz by John LaFevers
Feel free to use or edit a copy
includes Teacher and Student dashboards
Measure skillsfrom any curriculum
Tag the questions with any skills you have. Your dashboard will track each student's mastery of each skill.
- edit the questions
- save a copy for later
- start a class game
- automatically assign follow-up activities based on students’ scores
- assign as homework
- share a link with colleagues
- print as a bubble sheet
- Q 1/12Score 0What is albinism?29A disease caused by a virusA genetic condition that results in a lack of pigmentation in the skin, hair, and eyes.An autoimmune disorderA type of skin cancerA genetic condition that results in a lack of pigmentation in the skin, hair, and eyes.
Our brand new solo games combine with your quiz, on the same screen
Correct quiz answers unlock more play!
- Q1What is albinism?A disease caused by a virusA genetic condition that results in a lack of pigmentation in the skin, hair, and eyes.An autoimmune disorderA type of skin cancerA genetic condition that results in a lack of pigmentation in the skin, hair, and eyes.30s
- Q2What is the prevalence of albinism in East Africa?Higher than in other parts of the worldNonexistentAbout the same as in other parts of the worldHigher than in other parts of the worldLower than in other parts of the world30s
- Q3What is the cause of albinism?A genetic mutationA bacterial infectionExposure to sunlightA genetic mutationAn allergic reaction30s
- Q4What are some common health problems associated with albinism?Skin cancer and vision problemsArthritis and asthmaSkin cancer and vision problemsHeart disease and diabetesCancer and hearing loss30s
- Q5What is the most effective way to prevent skin cancer in people with albinism?Avoiding prolonged exposure to sunlight and using sunscreenExercising regularlyAvoiding prolonged exposure to sunlight and using sunscreenEating a healthy dietTaking vitamin supplements30s
- Q6Why are people with albinism in East Africa at an increased risk of violence and discrimination?Because they are believed to be possessed by evil spiritsBecause of superstitions and beliefs that their body parts have magical powersBecause of superstitions and beliefs that their body parts have magical powersBecause they are more likely to commit crimesBecause of their physical appearance30s
- Q7What is being done to address the issue of violence against people with albinism in East Africa?Increased punishment for perpetratorsForcing people with albinism to hide their conditionIncreased education and advocacy effortsIncreased education and advocacy effortsEncouraging people with albinism to move to other countries30s
- Q8What is the life expectancy for people with albinism in East Africa?About the same as the general populationUnknownHigher than the general populationLower than the general populationLower than the general population30s
- Q9Can albinism be cured?Yes, with a special dietYes, with medicationNoNoYes, with surgery30s
- Q10What can people without albinism do to support those with the condition?Educate themselves and advocate for their rightsMake fun of people with albinismIgnore the issueAvoid people with albinismEducate themselves and advocate for their rights30s
What country, where the video started, has become infamous for the killing and maiming of albino people?
What country has seen a recent rise in the number of violent acts against people with albinism due to more strict laws being passed in Tanzania?
Teachers give this quiz to your class