Quiz by Sherika James-South
Feel free to use or edit a copy
includes Teacher and Student dashboards
Measure skillsfrom any curriculum
Tag the questions with any skills you have. Your dashboard will track each student's mastery of each skill.
- edit the questions
- save a copy for later
- start a class game
- automatically assign follow-up activities based on students’ scores
- assign as homework
- share a link with colleagues
- print as a bubble sheet
- Q 1/16Score 0What is a sentence?29A complete set of words.Something that is conveyed through with a phrase.A complete thought made up of a group of words.A group of words.
Our brand new solo games combine with your quiz, on the same screen
Correct quiz answers unlock more play!
- Q1What is a sentence?A complete set of words.Something that is conveyed through with a phrase.A complete thought made up of a group of words.A group of words.60s
- Q2What is a topic sentence?It is the central idea of a story.It states the supporting details.It states the assisted details.It states the main idea of the paragraph.60s
All passages should have a central idea.TrueAbsolutely notNoFalse60s
The central idea will ALWAYS be the in first paragraph of the text.
- Q5The central idea of all passages is always explicitly stated.CorrectAbsolutely soTrueFalse60s
The supporting details can be anywhere in the text.FalseNot trueSometimesTrue60s
- Q7What is the central idea?The central idea are all the supporting details that make the passage relevant.The central idea is what the entire passage is about that is usually written in a broad statement.The central idea is usually conveyed throughout the text by a phrase.The central idea is what the writer uses to make sure that his or her readers understand what the passage is about.120s
- Q8The supporting details do NOT help the reader to understand the central idea.FalseTrueSometimesIt depends on the reader.60s
- Q9A great paragraph usually has two sentences.FalseAlwaysCorrectTrue60s
- Q10The word conveys within this topic would mean to ____________________________carry an idea throughout a passagea relationship between two ideas.tell you all the answers to a passage.not carry the central idea throughout the text.60s
- Q11Another suitable word or term for implicit would beexplicitan ideafirmly stateda hint60s
- Q12A summary is BEST described as _____________________________A complete thought.An analysis of a text or passage.a brief account of something with the main points.A detailed account or description that is historic in nature120s
- Q13When you read a passage the central idea is always stated outright.TrueYesFalseAlways60s
- Q14The essential question for today's lesson is _______________________________________How will determining the central idea help you as a student write more objectively while using the grammar in a concise manner.How will distinguishing the central idea from the details of a text help develop an objectively written summary?How will distinguishing the inference from the minor details help you appreciate your prior experiences.How will you use your prior knowledge to write an objective summary of any material you have read.300s
- Q15ELA is my favorite subject!ABSOLUTELY NOT!SOMETIMESNO!TRUE!45s
Teachers give this quiz to your class