Fatty acid catabolism
Quiz by Kenneth Francis Wibisono
Feel free to use or edit a copy
includes Teacher and Student dashboards
Measure skillsfrom any curriculum
Tag the questions with any skills you have. Your dashboard will track each student's mastery of each skill.
- edit the questions
- save a copy for later
- start a class game
- automatically assign follow-up activities based on students’ scores
- assign as homework
- share a link with colleagues
- print as a bubble sheet
- Q 1/10Score 0What is beta oxidation?29A process that converts glucose into ATP.A process that converts amino acids into proteins.A metabolic process that breaks down fatty acids into acetyl-CoA.A process that converts glucose into glycogen.
Our brand new solo games combine with your quiz, on the same screen
Correct quiz answers unlock more play!
- Q1What is beta oxidation?A process that converts glucose into ATP.A process that converts amino acids into proteins.A metabolic process that breaks down fatty acids into acetyl-CoA.A process that converts glucose into glycogen.30s
- Q2Where does beta oxidation occur in the cell?In the cytoplasm.In the mitochondria.In the nucleus.In the ribosomes.30s
- Q3What is the final product of beta oxidation?Glucose.Alanine.Lactic acid.Acetyl-CoA.30s
- Q4What is the role of carnitine in beta oxidation?It converts fatty acids into acetyl-CoA.It transports acetyl-CoA out of the mitochondria.It converts fatty acids into glucose.It transports fatty acids into the mitochondria.30s
- Q5What happens to the NADH and FADH2 produced by beta oxidation?They are converted into glucose.They enter the citric acid cycle to generate ATP.They are eliminated from the cell.They enter the electron transport chain to generate ATP.30s
Where does the synthesis of fatty acyl-coA occur?
How many rounds of beta oxidation needed to completely degrade stearic acid (C18) and how many acetyl coA is produced?
10 rounds, 11 acetyl coA
7 rounds, 8 acetyl coA
8 rounds, 9 acetyl coA
9 rounds, 8 acetyl coA30s
What are they key enzymes in regulation of fatty acid metabolism?
ACC and carnithine acyl transferase
How does ACC regulates fatty acid metabolism?
ACC inhibits prevents malonyl coA to bond with fatty acyl coA
ACC converts fatty acyl coA back into fatty acid
ACC converts acetyl coA to malonyl coA which inhibits fatty acid transport into mitochondria
ACC inactivates the fatty acyl transferase enzyme which makes fatty acyl coA30s
If TCA cannot happen, what happens to acetyl coA?
converted into aldehyde bodies
converted back to fatty acyl coA
converted into ketone bodies
enter Cori cycle30s
Teachers give this quiz to your class