Fiji History - Girmit
Quiz by Bera Sautu
Feel free to use or edit a copy
includes Teacher and Student dashboards
Measure skillsfrom any curriculum
Tag the questions with any skills you have. Your dashboard will track each student's mastery of each skill.
- edit the questions
- save a copy for later
- start a class game
- view complete results in the Gradebook and Mastery Dashboards
- automatically assign follow-up activities based on students’ scores
- assign as homework
- share a link with colleagues
- print as a bubble sheet
- Q 1/15Score 0A country or place that is ruled by another country elsewhere is a ___________________.29
Our brand new solo games combine with your quiz, on the same screen
Correct quiz answers unlock more play!
- Q1A country or place that is ruled by another country elsewhere is a ___________________.
- Q2Who was Fiji's first Governor General from Britain?
William BlighSir Arthur Gordon
- Q3The colonial practice of kidnapping people and resettling them as a labor force in some other part of the world is called __________________________.
- Q4Work under contract to an employer for a fixed period of time is called ________________________
Labor UnionIndentured Labor or Work
- Q5_____________________is a plant from which sugar is made and was grown by early girmit workers in Fiji.
sugar beetsugar cane30s
- Q6The plant that produces fibers from which many textiles and clothing was made is called ________________. It was grown in Fiji too by the early Girmit workers.cotton
- Q7What was the name of the first ship that brought the first indentured workers from India to Fiji?Leonidas
- Q8Calcutta is the city in India where most Indian indentured labourers boarded the ships to sail to Fiji.truefalseTrue or False30s
Apart from Europeans, who are some other ethnic people who came to trade or do business in Fiji?
Which high chief in Fiji ceded Fiji to Great Britain or England?
Ratu Seru Cakobau
Ratu George Kadavulevu30s
How long was the contract for the Girmit Indian workers who came to work in Fiji?
What worldwide event was a factor in ending the Girmit system?
World War 1
Fiji Measles epidemic
Fiji and India were both British colonies during the Girmit era.truefalseTrue or False30s
Most of the Girmit workers were members of the ______________________ religion.
How have the children of the Indian Girmit workers contributed to development of Fiji?
They helped develop Fiji by ________________________________.
establishing shops and businesses that grew the economy
teaching everybody their language
bringing a lot of gold with them30s
Teachers give this quiz to your class