Quiz by Emma Baguley
Feel free to use or edit a copy
includes Teacher and Student dashboards
Measure skillsfrom any curriculum
Tag the questions with any skills you have. Your dashboard will track each student's mastery of each skill.
- edit the questions
- save a copy for later
- start a class game
- automatically assign follow-up activities based on students’ scores
- assign as homework
- share a link with colleagues
- print as a bubble sheet
- Q 1/20Score 0What literary device refers to the pattern of stressed and unstressed syllables in a line of poetry?29DictionSyntaxStructureRhythm/Meter
Our brand new solo games combine with your quiz, on the same screen
Correct quiz answers unlock more play!
- Q1What literary device refers to the pattern of stressed and unstressed syllables in a line of poetry?DictionSyntaxStructureRhythm/Meter30s
Which syllables are stressed and unstressed in the line 'twin-kle twin-kle lit-tle starUsers link answersLinking30s
- Q3Which literary device refers to the emotional atmosphere or overall feeling created in a poem?RhymeTone/MoodFormStructure30s
- Q4Which literary device refers to the arrangement of words in a sentence for a particular purpose?ImagerySyntaxFigurative LanguageTheme/Message30s
Figurative language is literal.falsetrueTrue or False30s
- Q6Which literary device refers to the choice and use of words in a poem?Theme/MessageSpeaker/VoiceDictionFigurative Language30s
- Q7Which literary device refers to the central idea or underlying message in a poem?Speaker/VoiceTheme/MessageRhythm/MeterImage30s
How many syllables are in the word 'onomatopoeia'?Users enter free textType an Answer30s
- Q9Which literary device is defined as the comparison of two unlike things using like or as?MetaphorSimileRhymePersonification30s
- Q10Which literary device involves the use of vivid or descriptive language to create sensory experiences and evoke emotions?Speaker/VoiceStructureImageryDiction30s
Literary devices are used in most song lyrics.truefalseTrue or False30s
Which of the following is not a form of poetry?
In the lyrics "baby, you're a firework", which figurative language technique is used?
- Q14Which literary device refers to the pattern or arrangement of lines and syllables in a poem or song?StructureFigurative LanguageDictionSyntax30s
"The leaves danced in the wind" is an example of which figurative language technique?
Teachers give this quiz to your class