Magnetism Vocab Review
Quiz by Melanie Drummond
Feel free to use or edit a copy
includes Teacher and Student dashboards
Measure skillsfrom any curriculum
Tag the questions with any skills you have. Your dashboard will track each student's mastery of each skill.
- edit the questions
- save a copy for later
- start a class game
- view complete results in the Gradebook and Mastery Dashboards
- automatically assign follow-up activities based on students’ scores
- assign as homework
- share a link with colleagues
- print as a bubble sheet
- Q 1/10Score 0Created by the attraction or repulsion generated by moving or spinning electric charges29magnetic force
Our brand new solo games combine with your quiz, on the same screen
Correct quiz answers unlock more play!
- Q1Created by the attraction or repulsion generated by moving or spinning electric chargesmagnetic force
- Q2an area around a magnetic material or a moving electric charge within which the force of magnetism actsmagnetic field
- Q3The ends of a magnetic object, where the magnetic force is strongest.
magnetic fieldmagnetic pole30s
- Q4Clusters of atoms whose spins are aligned
magnetic fieldsMagnetic domains30s
- Q5Formed when a magnet aligns the domains of a material. This alignment is short-lived.temporary magnet30s
- Q6All the domains stay aligned in the same direction and it retains its magnetic properties in the absence of an inducing field or current.
temporary magnetpermanent magnet
- Q7Formed by winding a coil of wire round a piece of soft iron, and passing an electric current through it. This can be turned on and off.
- Q8A device that converts electrical energy into mechanical energy. It does this by moving an electric current through a coil to produce a magnetic field. This field causes movement or spinning of the device.
- Q9A device used to convert mechanical energy into electrical energy. Electricity is produced by rotating a coil of wire in a magnetic field.
- Q10A coil of wire that produces a magnetic field when carrying an electric current
Teachers give this quiz to your class