Science 9: Quarter 3 Module 3
Quiz by Kimberly Mae P. Nicol
Feel free to use or edit a copy
includes Teacher and Student dashboards
Measures 1 skill fromGrade 9SciencePhilippines Curriculum: Grades K-10 (MELC)
Track each student's skills and progress in your Mastery dashboards
- edit the questions
- save a copy for later
- start a class game
- automatically assign follow-up activities based on students’ scores
- assign as homework
- share a link with colleagues
- print as a bubble sheet
- Q 1/5Score 0
1. Which of the following refers to the renewable energy that uses the heat within the earth?29
Our brand new solo games combine with your quiz, on the same screen
Correct quiz answers unlock more play!
1. Which of the following refers to the renewable energy that uses the heat within the earth?
Gravitational Energy30sS9ES –IIIc-d-29
2. Which of the following shows the proper sequence of energy conversion in a Geothermal power plant?
Electrical energy → mechanical energy → heat energy
Heat energy → electrical energy → mechanical energy
Mechanical energy → heat energy → electrical energy
Heat energy → mechanical energy → electrical energy30sS9ES –IIIc-d-29
3. What factor/s can be considered in constructing geothermal power plants?
all of the above
the temperature of geothermal water
places with geysers and hot springs30sS9ES –IIIc-d-29
4. Which of the following shows the correct order of the parts of a Geothermal power plant?
Magma → generator → turbine → reservoir →transmission lines
Magma → reservoir → turbine → generator → transmission lines
Magma → turbine → reservoir → generator →transmission lines
Magma → turbine → generator → reservoir →transmission lines30sS9ES –IIIc-d-29
5. The following are advantages of having a geothermal powerplant, EXCEPT:
It provides free hot water production.
It is a reliable source of electricity.
It affects surface stability that can trigger earthquakes due to hydraulic fracturing.
It is more environmental-friendly than conventional fuel source such as coal.30sS9ES –IIIc-d-29
Teachers give this quiz to your class