Simple Machines Vocabulary
Quiz by Jennifer Pendleton
Feel free to use or edit a copy
includes Teacher and Student dashboards
Measure skillsfrom any curriculum
Tag the questions with any skills you have. Your dashboard will track each student's mastery of each skill.
- edit the questions
- save a copy for later
- start a class game
- automatically assign follow-up activities based on students’ scores
- assign as homework
- share a link with colleagues
- print as a bubble sheet
- Q 1/12Score 0A device that allows you to do work in a way that is easier or more effective.29
beast of burden
Our brand new solo games combine with your quiz, on the same screen
Correct quiz answers unlock more play!
- Q1A device that allows you to do work in a way that is easier or more effective.
beast of burden30s
- Q2A simple device without moving parts that changes the size or direction of a force
complex machinesimple machine
- Q3A device that combines two or more simple machines.
- Q4The number of times a machine increases a force exerted on it.
- Q5The rate at which work is done
- Q6Equals the amount of work done on an object in a unit of time (rate = time)
- Q7The force that must be applied to a machine by the user.
gravitational forceinput force
- Q8The force the machine exerts on an object.
unstoppable forceoutput force
- Q9The work done by a machine as the output force acts through the output distance.
- Q10The percentage of the input work that is converted to output work.efficiency
- Q11The fixed point around which a lever pivots.
The ratio of output force to input force
Teachers give this quiz to your class