Simple Risk Assessment (HIRARC)
Quiz by Abd Halim Hashim
Feel free to use or edit a copy
includes Teacher and Student dashboards
Measure skillsfrom any curriculum
Tag the questions with any skills you have. Your dashboard will track each student's mastery of each skill.
- edit the questions
- save a copy for later
- start a class game
- automatically assign follow-up activities based on students’ scores
- assign as homework
- share a link with colleagues
- print as a bubble sheet
- Q 1/15Score 0What is inherent risk?29The level of the risk and the likelihood or severity of the riskThe level of likelihood or severity of the riskThe level of the risk before any actions have been taken to change the likelihood or severity of the riskThe level of the risk after any actions have been taken to change the likelihood or severity of the risk
Our brand new solo games combine with your quiz, on the same screen
Correct quiz answers unlock more play!
- Q1What is inherent risk?The level of the risk and the likelihood or severity of the riskThe level of likelihood or severity of the riskThe level of the risk before any actions have been taken to change the likelihood or severity of the riskThe level of the risk after any actions have been taken to change the likelihood or severity of the risk30s
- Q2Why knowing inherent risk is important?To identify the likelihood of the riskTo improve general safety and healthTo identify the importance of the control measures that have been put in placeTo reduce the level of risk30s
- Q3What is residual risk?The amount of riskThe level of a risk after applying control measuresThe level of a risk before applying control measuresThe likelihood and severity of the risk30s
- Q4What is the objective of a simple risk assessment?To identify hazardsTo comply to the lawTo make management happyTo find the level of risk (inherent and residual) related to a hazard30s
When is the best time to do a risk assessment?
Prior to DOSH officer's or ISO Auditor visit
When the work to be done is unusual, non-routine or have dynamic circumstances
When the work has no risk assessment even if it's a simple and routine job
When my boss ask me to do it30s
- Q6What is the MOST IMPORTANT thing to do in the initial phase of a risk assessment?To determine the likelihood and the severityTo see what other safety practitioners are doing and copy them blindlyBe very clear on how the selected hazard can harm the people/asset you want to protect (the context)To have many pictures of the hazard30s
- Q7What is 'preventive' control measures?Control measures that reduces the likelihood of harmControl measures that reduces the severity of harmControl measures that reduces the level of riskControl measures that is effective30s
- Q8What is 'mitigative' control measures?Control measures that reduces the likelihood of harmControl measures that reduces the severity of harmControl measures that is effectiveControl measures that reduces the level of risk30s
- Q9When deciding on likelihood, one must consider..History of occurrences or severity of the hazardHistory of occurrences or frequency of exposure to hazardSeverity or frequency of exposure to hazardLikelihood or frequency of exposure to hazard30s
If your co-worker said to you that he crosses a high traffic road (where there's a lot of vehicle, driven very fast) every single day as part of his job, what would you say about the likelihood of him being hit by a car one fine day?
- Q11When deciding on the severity of harm, one must ..Consider the worst that can happen considering the hazard contextConsider the best case scenarioFollow the heartConsider the impact to the environment30s
- Q12What is the use of a Risk Matrix in risk assessment?To decide which likelihood level to useTo make the risk assessment more funTo find the level of a risk (or risk score) by matching likelihood level and severity levelTo decide which level of severity to use30s
What is the risk level if the likelihood is 'Likely' and the severity is 'Minor'?
- Q14What do we do after risk level has been identified?Do nothingDocument it and store it awaySubmit to the governmentDecide which risk to focus on30s
As a result of a risk assessment, a work activity is deemed to have a 'extremely high risk level/score' on a particular hazard context. So what next?
The work should not start (or start again) until the hazard in question being put under control.
File the risk assessment and proceed with said work
Ask somebody else to do the risk assessment (one who do not know about the work being done).
Adjust the risk assessment so that the risk level/score can be reduced to medium or low30s
Teachers give this quiz to your class