Quiz by Jan Normile
Feel free to use or edit a copy
includes Teacher and Student dashboards
Measure skillsfrom any curriculum
Tag the questions with any skills you have. Your dashboard will track each student's mastery of each skill.
- edit the questions
- save a copy for later
- start a class game
- automatically assign follow-up activities based on students’ scores
- assign as homework
- share a link with colleagues
- print as a bubble sheet
- Q 1/7Score 0Which of the following is an example of a stereotype?29Japanese men are workaholics.There is a low crime rate in Denmark.The Czech Republic drinks a lot of beer.Americans tend to value freedom and independence.
Our brand new solo games combine with your quiz, on the same screen
Correct quiz answers unlock more play!
- Q1Which of the following is an example of a stereotype?Japanese men are workaholics.There is a low crime rate in Denmark.The Czech Republic drinks a lot of beer.Americans tend to value freedom and independence.300s
- Q2What is a key limitation of Hamilton and Gifford's (1976) study?The test itself was highly artificial and may not predict what happens in the "real world."It cannot be replicated.It used nationalities for which the participants may have already had stereotypes.The number of slides were not the same for both groups, which means that the data is not comparable.300s
- Q3In a study of geography skills, John was asked to read an article about how poorly Americans score on world geography tests compared to Europeans. He doesn't believe that the article is true. What can we predict will be the results of his geography test?He will do poorly due to stereotype threat.He will do really well in order to prove that the stereotype is incorrect.His anxiety will rise and he will not be able to take the test.He will not do poorly because he doesn't believe the stereotype.300s
- Q4What was a control used by Payne in his study of stereotypes and memory?He gave a test of racism and eliminated any participants with high-scores.He made sure that none of the participants had African American friends.He used more than one group.He had only nonsense words that had no clear meaning.300s
- Q5What research method was used in Martin & Halvorson's study of gender stereotyping and memory?true experimentfield experimentnaturalistic observationquasi-experiment300s
- Q6Which of the following studies investigated the formation of stereotypes?Abrams et al (1990)Hamilton and Gifford (1976)Spencer et al (1999)Steele and Aronson (1995)300s
- Q7Which of the following was NOT one of the positive attributes used as a dependent variable in Hamilton and Gifford?helpfulnesshonestypopularitykindness300s
Teachers give this quiz to your class