TEKS Social Studies Grade 8 - 8.7.C: Analyze The Impact Of Slavery On Different Sections Of The U.S.
Quiz by TEKS Social Studies Grade 8
Feel free to use or edit a copy
includes Teacher and Student dashboards
Measures 1 skill fromGrade 8Social StudiesTexas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS)
Track each student's skills and progress in your Mastery dashboards
- edit the questions
- save a copy for later
- start a class game
- automatically assign follow-up activities based on students’ scores
- assign as homework
- share a link with colleagues
- print as a bubble sheet
- Q 1/4Score 0These data could be used to support which conclusion?29States in the upper South were heavily industrialized.Border states had to import needed raw materials.States in the lower South had more land devoted to plantations.Gulf Coast states had to rely on steamboats to transport goods.
Our brand new solo games combine with your quiz, on the same screen
Correct quiz answers unlock more play!
- Q1These data could be used to support which conclusion?States in the upper South were heavily industrialized.Border states had to import needed raw materials.States in the lower South had more land devoted to plantations.Gulf Coast states had to rely on steamboats to transport goods.60s8.7.C: Social Studies - History
- Q2Which statement best explains the changes shown in this table?The Lower South lost population as settlers migrated west to establish new plantations.The Upper South experienced an agricultural labor shortage in the antebellum period.Slaves from the Upper South were moved to the Lower South to work on cotton plantations.Slaves were transferred from the Lower South to the Upper South to work in newly built factories.60s8.7.C: Social Studies - History
- Q3Which of these directly resulted from the event announced in this headline?Members of the U.S. Senate sought to end Black Codes in the southern states.The abolitionist movement gained momentum in the North.Abolitionists moved to the South to avoid living under the new law.The federal government allowed the expansion of slavery into all new western territories.60s8.7.C: Social Studies - History
- Q4Which of the following was a result of the Kansas-Nebraska Act of 1854?The boundary established by the Missouri Compromise of 1820 was extended farther south.Kansas entered the Union as a slave state through popular sovereignty in 1856.Fighting broke out between pro-slavery and anti-slavery groups in Kansas.Nebraskan settlers who supported abolition moved to Kansas.60s8.7.C: Social Studies - History
Teachers give this quiz to your class