The Monkey's Paw
Quiz by marlene hardin
Feel free to use or edit a copy
includes Teacher and Student dashboards
Measure skillsfrom any curriculum
Tag the questions with any skills you have. Your dashboard will track each student's mastery of each skill.
- edit the questions
- save a copy for later
- start a class game
- view complete results in the Gradebook and Mastery Dashboards
- automatically assign follow-up activities based on students’ scores
- assign as homework
- share a link with colleagues
- print as a bubble sheet
- Q 1/5Score 0In Scene 1, Mrs. White says, “I couldn’t bear the thought of Herbert packing off to distant lands.” This line helps readers understand that29Mrs. White is very attached to her son.Mrs. White does not want to hear about Morris’s travels.Mrs. White does not enjoy traveling.Herbert wants to join the military.
Our brand new solo games combine with your quiz, on the same screen
Correct quiz answers unlock more play!
- Q1In Scene 1, Mrs. White says, “I couldn’t bear the thought of Herbert packing off to distant lands.” This line helps readers understand thatMrs. White is very attached to her son.Mrs. White does not want to hear about Morris’s travels.Mrs. White does not enjoy traveling.Herbert wants to join the military.30s
- Q2The storm at the beginning of the playshows that the story takes place in England.helps create a hopeful mood.shows that the story takes place in 1901.helps create a mysterious and spooky mood.30s
- Q3At the end of Scene 3, Messenger 2 tells the Whites that they are receiving 200 pounds. This detail is important because it shows thatMorris knew that Herbert would be killed.the monkey’s paw granted Mr. White’s wish in a horrible way.now the Whites can pay for their house.the messenger was a friend of Herbert’s.30s
- Q4The caption on page 22 says, “These stories were often more entertaining than accurate.” In other words, travelers sometimesold stories that were funny, not scary.left interesting details out of their stories.exaggerated or made things up to make their stories more interesting.told confusing stories.30s
- Q5Which is a theme of the play?Mr. White’s wish for 200 pounds led to Herbert’s death.Mr. White should never have used the monkey’s paw.It is dangerous to interfere with fate.Never trust a monkey.30s
Teachers give this quiz to your class