The Nature of Science - Vocabulary
Quiz by Jennifer Pendleton
Feel free to use or edit a copy
includes Teacher and Student dashboards
Measure skillsfrom any curriculum
Tag the questions with any skills you have. Your dashboard will track each student's mastery of each skill.
- edit the questions
- save a copy for later
- start a class game
- automatically assign follow-up activities based on students’ scores
- assign as homework
- share a link with colleagues
- print as a bubble sheet
- Q 1/10Score 0A statement that describes what scientists expect to happen every time under a particular set of conditions.29
Our brand new solo games combine with your quiz, on the same screen
Correct quiz answers unlock more play!
- Q1A statement that describes what scientists expect to happen every time under a particular set of conditions.
- Q2A well-tested explanation for a wide range of observations or experimental results.
- Q3A possible explanation for a set of observations or answer to a scientific question
- Q4Information (data) gathered by using any of the five sensesobservation
- Q5Conclusions or deductions based on the evidenceinference
- Q6The one factor that a scientist changes during an experiment.
- Q7The factor that changes as a result of changes to the independent variable in an experiment.
- Q8An experiment in which only one variable is manipulated at a timecontrolled experiment
something that can be measured and expressed as a number
something that is described but not measured
Teachers give this quiz to your class