Unit 3.2: Westward Expansion Pre-Assessment
Quiz by Dakota Springston
Feel free to use or edit a copy
includes Teacher and Student dashboards
Measures 9 skills fromUnited States History to 1865History and Social ScienceVirginia Standards of Learning
Track each student's skills and progress in your Mastery dashboards
- edit the questions
- save a copy for later
- start a class game
- automatically assign follow-up activities based on students’ scores
- assign as homework
- share a link with colleagues
- print as a bubble sheet
- Q 1/40Score 0When did the United States buy Louisiana from France?29
- Q1When did the United States buy Louisiana from France?
- Q2What country sold Louisiana to the United States?
- Q3How did California become part of the United States?
Given to the US by FranceMexican American War
Purchased from Russia
Taken from the British30sUSI.8.a
- Q4the idea that the US was destined to extend from the Atlantic to the PacificManifest Destiny
- Q5How did the first Americans that moved to the west make money?trappers
- Q6What were the new lands called before they became states?territories
they were called states
- Q7How did the US government motivate Americans to move west?free land
they did nothing
- Q8When did the Gold Rush start in California?
- Q9Who were the religious people that moved to Utah?Mormons
- Q10How long did the trip west usually take on the Oregon Trail?
2 years5 or 6 months
- Q11What word means a group of wagons that traveled together to the west?
- Q12One out of every ______ pioneers died traveling to the west.
- Q13Leader of the Sioux (Lakota) that fought back against the invasion of the west by white Americans in the 1800s.
- Q14A place where the government of the United States forced American Indians to live in the 1800s.
- Q15Railroad connecting the west and east coasts of the continental US, making the trip to the west much easier for Americans.Transcontinental Railroad
Teachers give this quiz to your class