Quiz by Idivillaguay
Feel free to use or edit a copy
includes Teacher and Student dashboards
Measure skillsfrom any curriculum
Tag the questions with any skills you have. Your dashboard will track each student's mastery of each skill.
- edit the questions
- save a copy for later
- start a class game
- automatically assign follow-up activities based on students’ scores
- assign as homework
- share a link with colleagues
- print as a bubble sheet
- Q 1/8Score 0What is the valency pattern of the verb 'to give'?29ditransitiveintransitivecopularmonotransitive
Our brand new solo games combine with your quiz, on the same screen
Correct quiz answers unlock more play!
- Q1What is the valency pattern of the verb 'to give'?ditransitiveintransitivecopularmonotransitive30s
- Q2Which of the following is an example of a ditransitive verb?He is runningI like ice creamThey are talkingShe gave him a book30s
- Q3Which of the following is an example of an intransitive verb?They built a house for usShe bought a carI ate dinner with herHe sleeps30s
- Q4Which of the following is an example of a monotransitive verb?They played well last nightI wrote quicklyHe walked to the parkShe ate an apple30s
- Q5Which of the following is an example of a complex-transitive verb?They visited their grandparents last summerHe beat you in the raceShe called the children naughtyI cooked a delicious meal for you30s
What is the valency pattern of the verb 'to be'
Which is an example of a copular verb
She is growing old.
He goes to school by bike
The car makes funny noises
She grows vegetables30s
Which is the correct formula for a monotransitive verb?
S + V + DO + OPT ADVERVIAL
S + V + DO + SUBJECTIVE COMPLEMENT + OPT ADVERBIAL
S + V + IO + DO + OPT ADVERVIAL
S + V + DO + OBJECTIVE COMPLEMENT + OPT ADVERBIAL30s
Teachers give this quiz to your class