Grade 8, Words of the Week 6
Quiz by Andrew Watts
Feel free to use or edit a copy
includes Teacher and Student dashboards
Measure skillsfrom any curriculum
from any curriculum
Tag the questions with any skills you have. Your dashboard will track each student's mastery of each skill.
With a free account, teachers can
- edit the questions
- save a copy for later
- start a class game
- view complete results in the Gradebook and Mastery Dashboards
- automatically assign follow-up activities based on students’ scores
- assign as homework
- share a link with colleagues
- print as a bubble sheet
- Q 1/13Score 0off course; twisted to one side29
Our brand new solo games combine with your quiz, on the same screen
Correct quiz answers unlock more play!
- Q1off course; twisted to one side
- Q2extremely strange, unusual, atypical
- Q3a fortress overlooking a city; a stronghold
- Q4to mar the appearance of; vandaliseUsers enter free textType an Answer30s
- Q5a puzzle, mystery, or riddleUsers enter free textType an Answer30s
- Q6possible, able to be doneUsers enter free textType an Answer30s
- Q7(n.) an iron hook used to grab and hold; (v.) to come to grips with, wrestle or fight withUsers re-arrange answers into correct orderJumble30s
- Q8a thing that provides resistance, delay, or obstruction to something or someone.Users re-arrange answers into correct orderJumble30s
- Q9Install means to introduce gradually in order to establish securelyfalsetrueTrue or False30s
- Q10Which answer is not the correct use of loll?
"he slumped against a tree trunk, his head lolling back"
"He lolled around in his pyjamas all day""he lolled up and down the hill all day"
"the two girls lolled in their chairs"30s
- Q11To modernify is to make less extreme or severe; to make changes in.
- Q12vitally important, essentialUsers enter free textType an Answer30s
- Q13occurring at irregular intervals, having no set plan or orderUsers re-arrange answers into correct orderJumble30s
Teachers give this quiz to your class