Middle East History Pre-Test
Quiz by Christie Thompson
Feel free to use or edit a copy
includes Teacher and Student dashboards
Measure skillsfrom any curriculum
Tag the questions with any skills you have. Your dashboard will track each student's mastery of each skill.
- edit the questions
- save a copy for later
- start a class game
- automatically assign follow-up activities based on students’ scores
- assign as homework
- share a link with colleagues
- print as a bubble sheet
- Q 1/20Score 0Which group is generally held responsible for the terror attacks of September 11, 2001?29Hezbollah
I don't knowAl-QaedaPLOTaliban
Our brand new solo games combine with your quiz, on the same screen
Correct quiz answers unlock more play!
- Q1Which group is generally held responsible for the terror attacks of September 11, 2001?Hezbollah
I don't knowAl-QaedaPLOTaliban30s
- Q2Many people around the world agreed with the formation of the state of Israel because of the events associated withthe Holocaust.D-Day.
I don't knowPearl Harbor.Hiroshima and Nagasaki.30s
- Q3The conflict over space between Israel and Palestine is MOSTLY due toreligious issues.
I don't knowtrade issues.natural resources.racial issues.30s
- Q4Since the creation of Israel in 1948the nations of the Middle East have worked together peacefully.
I don't knowthere have been ongoing conflicts between Israel and the Arab world.Israel has helped the nations in the region form democratic governments.the United Nations has acted as the central government in the region.30s
- Q5Scarcity of water in the Middle East has played a major role in continuing the conflict between the Arab nations andIsrael.
I don't knowPalestine.Egypt.Syria.30s
- Q6After the formation of Israel on May 14, 1948, what was the reaction of surrounding Arab nations?A coalition of Arab nations introduced the Partition Plan for Palestine to the United Nations.
I don't knowArab nations signed a peace treaty with the new nation of Israel.The five surrounding nations immediately attacked Israel.The Arab nations built up their militaries in preparation for an attack the following year.30s
- Q7In 1948, the state of Israel was formed to give which group of people a homeland?Christians
I don't knowHindusJewishMuslims30s
- Q8What was Osama bin Laden BEST known for?organizing the Taliban to resist Soviet occupation
I don't knowdestroying the oil rigs of Kuwait in the 1990srunning the largest dictatorship in the Middle Eastfounding an Islamic extremist terrorist group30s
- Q9Which of these events MOST impacted the way Americans viewed the Middle East region?September 11th Terrorist Attacks, 2001Hurricane Katrina, 2005the First Gulf War, 1990
I don't knowthe Fall of the Berlin Wall, 198930s
- Q10What event led to the United States bombing Afghanistan on October 7, 2001?The Soviet invasion of AfghanistanRonald Reagan telling Gorbachev "Tear down this wall!"
I don't knowAttacks on the World Trade Center and the PentagonTaking of American hostages in Tehran30s
- Q11Immediately after the end of World War I and the collapse of the Ottoman Empire, European countries increased their involvement in Middle Eastern political and economic affairs. Which of these BEST explains how this change took place?
I don't knowEuropean governments were able to establish peace in the region for the first time in decades.European powers drew up new political borders in the region without consulting political, cultural, or historic realities.European Jews were fleeing the expansion and oppression of the Germany government.European people moved there to take advantage of the better climate.30s
- Q12The primary cause of the first Gulf War (1990-1991) wasthe Iraqi army's sudden invasion of Kuwait.Iraq’s testing of a nuclear device as part of a test of its weapons program.
I don't knowIraqi possession of weapons of mass destruction.Repeated attacks by the Iraqi navy on civilian targets within Israel.30s
- Q13By what name was the movement commonly known which worked for the establishment of this national home? (use the picture attached)
I don't knowDiasporaResettlementZionismAutonomism30s
- Q14The Balfour Declaration of 1917 was written to show Great Britain's support forthe ratification of the Treaty of Versailles.the creation of a Jewish nation in the Middle East.the Bolshevik revolution in Russia.
I don't knowthe creation of the League of Nations.30s
- Q15Saddam Hussein (see the photo attached) was the leader of what country from 1979 to 2003?IranPakistanAfghanistanIraq
I don't know30s
Teachers give this quiz to your class