Hydrosphere Vocabulary Quiz
Quiz by Jennifer Pendleton
Feel free to use or edit a copy
includes Teacher and Student dashboards
Measure skillsfrom any curriculum
Tag the questions with any skills you have. Your dashboard will track each student's mastery of each skill.
- edit the questions
- save a copy for later
- start a class game
- automatically assign follow-up activities based on students’ scores
- assign as homework
- share a link with colleagues
- print as a bubble sheet
- Q 1/30Score 0All the waters on the earth's surface, such as lakes and seas, and sometimes including water over the earth's surface, such as clouds.29Hydrosphere
Our brand new solo games combine with your quiz, on the same screen
Correct quiz answers unlock more play!
- Q1All the waters on the earth's surface, such as lakes and seas, and sometimes including water over the earth's surface, such as clouds.Hydrosphere
- Q2The entire geographical area drained by a river and its tributaries
- Q3Smaller streams and rivers that flow into a main river
- Q4Water that moves across the land surface and into streams and riversRunoff
- Q5Downward movement of water through soil.
- Q6Water above the surface of the land, including lakes, rivers, streams, ponds, floodwater, and runoff.
River BasinSurface Water
- Q7Does not contain any saltwater and can be rivers, lakes, streams, ponds, and wetlandsFreshwater
- Q8Water held underground in the soil or in pores and crevices in rock.
- Q9Huge, slow moving sheets of iceGlaciers
- Q10Penetrable; porous; allowing liquids or gas to pass through
- Q11Impassable, not allowing liquids or gases to pass through
- Q12A body of rock or sediment that stores groundwater and allows water to flow through it.
- Q13The level below which the ground is saturated with water.
- Q14An area or ridge of land that separates waters flowing to different rivers, basins, or seas.
- Q15A large floating mass of ice detached from a glacier or ice sheet and carried out to sea.
Teachers give this quiz to your class